Sunday, May 18, 2008

18 years and 582 miles

I know where I was at this exact time 18 years ago. We were at my rehearsal dinner for my wedding at "State Line" BBQ in El Paso, Texas. There were hundreds of people that came to our wedding but David only had a handful. Twelve to be exact. David had his Dad, his best friend Mike and his wife, his brother Steve & his wife, his sister Marie, his Uncle Glenn, his step-mother Evalu, his great aunt Margie and her husband, and another friend and his wife. What was really funny was I knew all the waiters and waitresses that were at the reception following the wedding.

Some of you may wonder why is she going on about this? Well... There is 18 years and 582 miles difference in the time space continuum, but I will be eating the same meal with my husband at the franchised restaurant in Austin "County Line BBQ". We didn't plan it. I have just been craving BBQ for a week. We planned this day lst week to do some fun stuff. Dave and the boys went to play golf while co and I went to go look for furniture for the new house. I don't even think David has clued into the paradigm of tonight. I could use it for great drama if I want!

2 comments:

Vanessa Tanith VanAlstyne said...

hmmm..my calender says your anniversary is tomorrow....

glad it's going to be a happy one

Suzan said...

hope your day was great... and dinner was as good as it was 18 years ago!