Thursday, May 22, 2008

Why we were almost Shot at Dinner in Austin

Remember my dinner at the County line BBQ in Austin (if not, scroll down and read it). It was so nice. My entire family was gathered together on one side of the table (aggies), My husband's Uncle, Aunt and Cousins were on the other(orange wearing fools). There was great food and wonderful conversation.... Until the cow talked. Now this is no ordinary talking cow. This is a longhorn that can actually converse with you. I was mortified. The last thing I needed sneaking into my dreams was a talking cow. Coco jumped up and was ready to have a discussion with the cow. It was all going well ~ she had ordered the chicken and that pleased the cow. Then it happened. The cow asked coco to do something. He said "Hey Little Girl, can you give me a Hook em Horns?" The expression on her face was priceless. It first went very serious, then a grin that slowly grew to a smile and then .....
She YELLED "GIG EM AGGIES" with the upside down long horn sign. Everyone in the resturaunt got really really quiet. Co giggled and repeated herself. I hallered... "Honey, come sit down before we get shot." David was no help... He just had that deep laugh. The boys were egging her on. I just knew I was enjoying my last meal. David's cousin made sure that the waitress knew which side of the table was the aggies and which were the teasippers. We made it out alive and without significant food poisoning. Maybe we will go to the one in Houston next time.




1 comment:

Vanessa Tanith VanAlstyne said...

nah, if you go to houston you might have to see me.