Thursday, September 17, 2009

2009 Swine Flu/H1N1 education


So, here we are the beginning of another flu season. Sigh. Yes, the dreaded swine flu is still out there. It is already at in full swing in many places but the news is not covering it. Why? I don't know, I don't care. I have already had it, thank you very much. I tell you what, it was a rough 48 hours of headache I had to endure but I pulled through, along with my husband, son and daughter. Took some tylenol, drank a lot of fluid and moved on. Just like any other disease out there, it can affect other people differently. Some people may have a harder time with it or get some of the respiratory complications. The earlier in the season you catch it, the milder it is and you just built up a great immunity to it. Really - People ...... it's okay. It happens every year. It seems as if the US government wants to panic people into needing pubic healthcare!!


In the Gillett Compound:


  • We are NOT getting the H1N1 vaccination. More long term and dangerous complications arise from the vaccination than the flu.

  • We will NOT take tamiflu. Most people it cause terrible abdominal cramping. You have to take it for 7-10 days and I rather just have the flu for 3 days

  • We will NOT be wearing masks. People have been writing how the see people are wearing masks. Study after Study has shown that you might as well put a weasel on your head. It would have the same effectiveness as a mask and is much cuter.

I will be the first to let you know if any of the BAD mutating stuff shows up or if there is a change in the trend.

No comments: