Thursday, October 15, 2009

A glimpse into my mind

Okay - we are taking a break from etiquette lessons to reflect on WHY it is scary to be in my head.

One evening I was early to pick up Nicole from gymnastics. I was standing down stairs, looking through the glass and a couple other people were milling about, a Dad and a Mom (I kinda know the Mom). So they were talking about this and that and somehow got on the subject of movies. They were talking about the new Scrooge.

The Dad made this statement "That new Scrooge movie looks scary and I think it will be good with Jim Carrey in it."
This is what I heard "That new Scrooge movie looks scary and I think it will be good with Tim Curry in it"

They continue to talk about the movie and I start getting these images of Scrooge wearing a teady, fishnet hose and high heals. I finally couldn't take it anymore and so I said -
"I just can't go see a movie with him in it because I just see fishnet and high heals on the elevator". The guy looks at me for a minute and starts laughing.... he said "JIM CARREY not TIM CURRY"

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hello, I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very well written!

Lisa