Sunday, June 7, 2009

Well that didn't last long....



I had great plans for all my open time... magical time. Just like magic, I realized that it really doesn't exsist. It is figment of my imagination. Just because I don't WRITE anything in the square in the calander doesn't mean that it is a free day filled with Rainbows and butterflies. I had this WHOLE week of "magical" time and could barely keep the house together much less get to all my "projects". There are also the THINGS that spring up. For example: I had a whole Sunday afternoon open - hours of time to sort through the kids school stuff and get it filed away in their trunks, then I get a phone call "Hey, what are you doing?" Well that conversation ended with us going to Lake Summerville for the afternoon and Jetskiing for 6 hours with some friends. Then there was another evening where I was going to PURGE my picture file only to realize that I had failed to post SEVERAL gallaries for the school, so I spent hours editing and posting those. Then there was yesterday. NOTHING NADA... even took the phone off the hook for good measure! Don't need pesky friends calling us up inviting us to some enormously fun waste of magical time. ..... The kids interveened. Welcome to Camp Gillett. We spent a few hours setting up a tent and camp fire in my front yard so that Nicole and Zach could spend the night outside about 50 steps from the front door. We cooked hot dogs and somemores over the fire and told stories and swatted flies. I went in about 9:15. By 9:45 they were both inside the house and going to bed.

No comments: